Position Title Sales Account Manager - Chemicals - TX #3700
Location Houston TX (Can be based in other lower Midwest location and will base from home either way)
Company is a specialty chemical company manufacturing and marketing additives primarily used in PVC applications around the world.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, Americas, the Sales Account Manager is responsible for all sales activities, including New Business Development within the respective territory.
* Develop and maintain a regional sales territory where assigned or needed, including frequent face to face contact as per calling plan
* Build and maintain excellent working relationships with existing and new customers.
* Accountable for delivering budgeted sales and margin targets for the territory.
* Search out and acquire new customers and new applications for existing products and develop sales of new products
* Develop account specific strategies and establish key account plans.
* Develop and maintain rolling forecasts for the territory with appropriate and time updates
* Attend and or prepare formal presentations for assigned territory, actively participate at sales meetings and other meetings designated by management.
* Prepare monthly call reports according the established company standards
* Assist in the development and implementation of an annual marketing plan in consultation with other departments and works within the business plan. This would include assisting in implementing a strategy, working within a defined budget, and evaluating the results.
* Represent the company at industry related associations and events.
* B.S Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Polymer Science
* 5+ yrs. sales experience in chemicals manufacturing years of experience
* Experience in PVC or polymer/plastics additives applications experience a plus
* Strong technical customer support and customer calling background
* Strong negotiations skills, including an ability to "close the deal"
* New Business Development
* Excellent analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
* Excellent communication, interpersonal skill and relationship building skills at all levels
* Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
* Confident, self-motivated and possess an ability to think strategically.
* Demonstrate an ability to be trained and have good teamwork skills.
Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. B.S Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Science or related.
2. 5+ years of sales experience in chemicals manufacturing.
3. Located in Houston or in the lower Midwest.