Multiyear contract with excellent salary and benefits
Top Secret SCI with CI Polygraph.
Overall Assignment Description:
Serves as an advisor to a Government-led team that:
- Oversees one or more portfolios, consisting of multiple initiatives and projects within each. [Note: contractor employees serve as Government advisors and do not “oversee” portfolios, nor do contractor employees “represent” the Government.]
- Provides technical expertise and assistance to the D/DD XP and Government representatives on portfolio, initiative, program or project level matters.
Skills and Experience:
- The ability to know and apply appropriate programmatic tools and techniques in any given situation as a means to achieve project, program, initiative or portfolio objectives, ensuring continuous alignment to Agency objectives.
- Participation in capability-based technical reviews, programmatic reviews, and milestone reviews.
- Reviewing products and artifacts and provide feedback to the XP Government representative.
- Participating in Governance Boards, Working Groups, Integrated Product Teams (IPT), and studies as appropriate.
- Facilitating transformation of an Enterprise Program Management Office-like culture with associated workflow approaches utilizing industry best practices.
- Providing detailed information for updates to the project, initiative, and portfolio level reporting requirements, as directed.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in MS Office tools to include PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, and Word.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of project management experience with the ability to plan, develop, monitor, control, analyze, report and communicate a fully sequenced, resource-loaded project schedule to various stakeholders utilizing the Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Ability to identify and track technical, business, and programmatic risks or issues, obtain and analyze data for impacts, and communicate results with recommended mitigation options to various stakeholder levels within the Government.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in performing most aspects of the project life cycle, process groups, and project processes, to include inputs/outputs of each, as laid out in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE2), or equivalent.
- Ability to respond to environmental changes and contain strong interpersonal skills with respect to leadership, team building, motivation, communication, influencing, negotiating, trust building, conflict management, coaching, cultural and political awareness.
- Master's degree in project management preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred, with demonstrated experience and application of Project Management Institute (PMI) tools and techniques delivering capabilities.