Job Title: System Engineer/Architect - Professional
Location: Manassas, VA
Scope of Work:
• Participate in the design and implementation of virtualization and cloud solutions in multiple types of production environments
• Capture and translate business needs into technical requirements, identify gaps, reference architecture impact and the risk profile of technologies used.
• Incorporate the requirements for infrastructure integration into IT operations management platform for monitoring, alerting and reporting, operational intelligence platforms and future cloud management platforms.
• Create and maintain the necessary design, hand-over and maintenance documentation.
• Act as an infrastructure CoE in support of operations.
• Build for infrastructure flexibility to adapt infrastructure capabilities to the business and application workload demand by managing the functional, technical and process aspect.
• Work hand-in-hand with the capacity management team.
• Contribute to the complex long-term projects dependent on the infrastructure involving multiple disciplines or business units. Individually drive incremental solution enhancements.
• Evaluate new technological developments relevant to the infrastructure. Recommend appropriate technological alternatives to Infrastructure Solutions and Technology Management.
- VMware certifications are required
Jr = 1-5 yrs / Spec=5-10yrs / Exp= >10+yrs