Position: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Location: Richmond, VA
Skills: VB, ASP, C#, .Net
The Software Developer develops procedures for the solution of well-defined, routine business problems. The Software Developer converts these procedures into applications and programs required for computer solutions.
Problems and Challenges
The Software Developer is challenged with developing program procedures to process complex systems with a high level of reliability and execution of speed.
Essential Position Functions
· Under general supervision, maintains and modifies existing applications program. Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic applications systems designs and specifications, while utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
· Under somewhat closer supervision, may assist higher-level programmers in the development of complex programs. Work assignments at this level are aimed more at production than at training. All work is subject to approval from higher levels.
· Competent to work on routine, well-defined, analysis-type problems related to a single activity or procedure, and having some variety and/or moderate difficulty.
· Some evaluation of data or originality may be required.
· Independently works on computer programs, usually dealing with routine record-keeping types of operations.
· Can prepare programs requiring a wide variety and extensive number of internal processing actions.
· Participates in certain aspects of user consulting, systems analysis, general systems design, vendor contracts and detail systems design.
· Learns user functions, organization and role in the company to the extent required.
· Develops analysis and design of systems and/or programs.
· Documents program code.
· Assists subordinates with debugging whenever necessary.
Within the IT organization, routine contact is required with IT managers at all organizational levels. Within the business, periodic contact is required with executives in charge of the key business units who use IT services.
College graduate with degree in Computer Science or related technical field desirable.
Three or more years of related work experience with business applications.
Experience with large-scale tape and disk-oriented systems preferred, and knowledge of database/data communications desirable. Must be able to work well with others.
Should possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.